Medical Staff Pittsburgh
Premier Plastic Surgery, Dermatology & Acqua Blu Medical Spa
As the owner of Premier Plastic Surgery, Dr. Heil opened his practice in 2001. He initiated an expansion process that began in 2008, ultimately adding the first medical spa in the Pittsburgh region. In 2009, another expansion took place, with the addition of adding Board Certified Dermatologist, Ana C. Busquets, MD, FAAD to his practice. The result is the only plastic surgery, dermatology and medical spa practice in the tri-state area performing three highly specialized, yet distinctively separate disciplines. Because these specialties complement each other, patients are offered the most comprehensive care available and the most beautiful results possible.
In addition, he was instrumental in the development and design of the Premier Surgery Center of Pittsburgh making sure that it was not only the best leading-edge outpatient center, but one that provided the ultimate patient experience.
“Doctor Heil, thank you to you and your staff! Every single person I encountered was professional and friendly. You are amazing in what you do and I will be forever thankful to you.”
- Bachelor of Arts, Organic Chemistry and Bachelor of Science, Organismal Biology (Summa Cum Laude) Saint Vincent College
- Doctorate of Medicine – University of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Cum Laude and Alpha Omega Alpha)
- General Surgery and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency Training Program and fellowship in Micro Surgery and Thrombosis Research – University Medical Center of Pittsburgh (one of the country’s top plastic surgery training programs)
- Board certification through the American Board of Plastic Surgery in September 2002.
Membership and Affiliations:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Pittsburgh Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Medical Spa Society
- International Medical Spa Association
- Day Spa Association
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
Dr. Heil has been selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor by his peers and the Castle Connolly physician-led Research Team, as among the top 10% of Doctors in his region in Plastic Surgery. He is certified as a Surgical Laser Specialist and serves as a National Trainer on the use of state-of-the-art Light and Laser Systems, Cosmetic Injectables (Botox & Fillers), Minimally Invasive Procedures, and Medical Spa Management.
A resident of a South Hills suburb, Dr. Heil enjoys traveling with his wife and daughter, boating and photography. He is a Master scuba diver and experienced underwater photographer and used his artistic talent to incorporate the tranquility of the ocean into the design of his private plastic surgery practice as well as Aqua Blu Medical Spa.
“At all times, I felt “taken care of,” like I was Doctor Heil’s one and only patient! I was left feeling very satisfied. Thank you.”
A First Class Alternative
The Premier Surgery Center of Pittsburgh is not affiliated with any hospitals and accepts all insurance, keeping down the costs for you and your patients.
With over 6,000 ASCs in the United States, surgeons prefer this type of facility because of the ability to adhere to schedules, allowing them to dedicate their attention to patient surgery and care. Patients prefer ASCs because of the convenience, comfort, minimized infection rates and lower cost. In fact, the US Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Inspector General found that 98% of Medicare beneficiaries who had one of four procedures in an ASC were satisfied with their experience.